Bill is involved in providing advice to clients in contentious and non-contentious patent matters particularly in the areas of biotechnology and medicinal chemistry. He has been involved in a number of the major cases litigated in Australia relating to biotechnology. He also has extensive experience in assisting local clients in developing global patent strategies and in working as part of a global team to provide advice for the Australian market.
Bill has a very active practice in the field of immunology, in particular in relation to antibody technology, immunotherapy and vaccines. He also has an extensive practice in relation to gene silencing in particular RNAi technology.
- Managing Intellectual Property World Survey and Global Awards: Leading Individual for Patents, 2014
- IAM Patent 1000 Guide: Recommended as a leading individual in patent prosecution, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, & 2016
- Managing Intellectual Property ‘IP Stars’: Ranked highly as an Australian ‘IP Star’, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017 & 2018
- Asia IP Experts: leading lawyer for Patents, 2013. Leading lawyer for Patents, Pharma and Biotech, 2015
- AsiaLaw Leading Lawyers: listed as a market leading lawyer for Intellectual Property 2016 & 2018
- Fellow: Institute of Patent and Trade Mark Attorneys of Australia
- Member: Intellectual Property Society of Australia and New Zealand
- Member: International Association for the Protection of Intellectual Property
- Bachelor of Science (Microbiology) (Hons.) University of Melbourne
- Doctor of Philosophy (Microbiology) University of Melbourne
- Registered Patent and Trade Marks Attorney (Australia and New Zealand)