Grant is a Patent Attorney within the Chemistry and Biotechnology group where he is involved in patent prosecution, patent drafting and related opinion matters, specialising in organic chemistry, pharmaceutical and medicinal chemistry, agrochemistry and veterinary medicines
Grant completed his doctorate at the Institute for Molecular Biosciences, University of Queensland, under the guidance of Professor David Fairlie. Grant’s thesis entailed the design and development of small molecule agonist and antagonist compounds targeting a protease activated G-protein coupled receptor. This involved solution and solid phase synthesis of small organic molecules and peptides and collating structure activity relationship data obtained via several cell-based functional assays.
- Member: Intellectual Property Society of Australia and New Zealand
- Member: The Royal Australian Chemical Institute
- Member: Institute of Patent and Trade Mark Attorneys of Australia (IPTA)
- Bachelor of Science (Chemical Sciences) (Hons.), Victoria University
- Doctor of Philosophy (Medicinal Chemistry), University of Queensland