- Building and Construction
- Clean Technology and Energy
- Electrical and Electronic Engineering
- Engineering and Manufacturing
- Fashion, Architecture and Design
- ICT & Software
- Medical Devices & Technologies
- Mining and Resources
- Universities and Research
- Design Registration
- Innovation Patents
- IP Portfolio Management and Maintenance
- New Zealand Patent Services
- Patent Drafting, Filing & Prosecution
- Patent Oppositions
- Patent Searching
Grant is a patent attorney within the Engineering group based in the Brisbane office, where he is involved in patent drafting, patent prosecution, patent validity and infringement advice, and related opinion works. Grant’s experience and interests cover a broad spectrum of engineering technologies.
In 2012, Grant received the prestigious annual Institute Prize, which is awarded by the Institute of Patent and Trade Marks Attorneys of Australia to a candidate who has shown excellence in the academic subjects leading to qualification as a patent attorney and who has shown that they have the potential to contribute substantially to the profession.
A significant portion of Grant’s work with Davies Collison Cave involves assisting local clients to obtain patent and design protection for their inventions. Grant’s work has exposed him to inventions across a broad range of engineering areas including energy generation, aerospace, mining, construction and computer software. Grant has also been extensively involved in the preparation and prosecution of patent applications for medical technologies.
Prior to commencing a career as a Patent Attorney, Grant worked for several years in the Australian defence industry as an aerospace engineer. Working for a leading global defence contractor, Grant gained experience in the areas of aircraft modifications, systems integration and support engineering. Grant has worked on a major project involving upgrades for the Australian Black Hawk and Chinook helicopters. Grant also spent a year as a consulting engineer working on research and new product development projects across a diverse range of industries, gaining exposure to the processes involved in the development and commercialisation of new technologies.
Grant’s postgraduate studies have included courses on technology and innovation management and the commercialisation of intellectual property, and Grant has recently completed a Masters of Industrial Property Law at The University of Technology Sydney.
- Institute of Patent and Trade Marks Attorneys of Australia: Institute Prize, 2012
- Member: Engineers Australia
- Member: Institute of Patent and Trade Mark Attorneys of Australia
- Member: Intellectual Property Society of Australia and New Zealand
- Member: Systems Engineering Society of Australia
- Member: International Council on Systems Engineering
- Bachelor of Engineering (Mechanical & Space Engineering)(Hons.), University of Queensland
- Master of Engineering (Systems Engineering), University of Queensland
- Master of Industrial Property, University of Technology Sydney
- Registered Patent and Trade Marks Attorney (Australia and New Zealand)