Madeleine is a member of Davies Collison Cave’s trade mark group and advises on clearing, registering and enforcing trade marks in Australia and internationally.
Specialising in all aspects of trade mark law, her experience includes advising on trade mark availability searches, prosecuting trade mark applications in Australia and New Zealand, acting in opposition proceedings and non use actions, and advising on trade mark infringement, domain name and associated issues under the Australian Consumer Law, passing off, and copyright.
Madeleine has acted for and advised a diverse range of local and international clients, including those in the pharmaceutical, telecommunications, food and beverage, consumer goods, and fashion industries.
A regular contributor of articles on trade mark issues, Madeleine has been published in journals including the Australian Intellectual Property Journal, the Journal of Intellectual Property Law and Practice, the Intellectual Property Law Bulletin, and the World Trademark Review.
- Admitted: Supreme Court of Victoria and High Court of Australia
- Member: Intellectual Property Society of Australia and New Zealand
- Member: Law Institute of Victoria
- Member: The Institute of Patent and Trade Mark Attorneys of Australia.
- Bachelor of Commerce (marketing) – The University of Melbourne
- Bachelor of Laws with Honours – The University of Melbourne
- Registered Trade Marks Attorney (Australia)