- Trade Marks
- Agribusiness, Food and Nutrition
- Building and Construction
- Food, Beverages & FMCG
- Fashion, Architecture and Design
- Competition Law and Consumer Protection Law
- New Zealand Trade Mark Services
- Trade Mark Infringement & Enforcement
- Trade Mark Searching
- Trade Mark Portfolio Management & Renewals
- Trade Mark Registration
Nicholas advises on all aspects of trade marks law, including the prosecution of Australian and New Zealand trade mark applications, opposition proceedings, removal actions and the enforcement of trade mark and related rights.
Prior to joining Davies Collison Cave, Nicholas worked in the IP Litigation team at a leading Australian law firm in Melbourne where he advised on a wide range of intellectual property matters including trade marks, copyright, patents, anti-counterfeiting and parallel importation and the protection of geographical indications.
Nicholas has experience acting in trade mark prosecution, opposition and enforcement matters for a number of well-known companies and government entities in the luxury goods, clothing, agribusiness and construction/mining sectors. Nicholas has authored articles published in the World Trademark Review and the World Trademark Review Daily.
Nicholas was registered as a Trade Marks Attorney on 1 July 2015.
- Member: Institute of Patent and Trade Mark Attorneys of Australia
- Member: Intellectual Property Society of Australia and New Zealand
- Member: Law Institute of Victoria
- Admitted: Supreme Court of Victoria and High Court of Australia
- Bachelor of Arts (Italian Studies), University of Melbourne
- Bachelor of Laws (with Honours), University of Melbourne
- Graduate Diploma of Legal Practice, The College of Law
- Registered: Trade Marks Attorney (Australia)
- Masters of Intellectual Property Law, University of Melbourne (in progress)