Sally is a Patent Attorney within the Biotechnology group where she is involved in patent drafting, filing and prosecution.
Sally specialises in the preparation and prosecution of patent applications in the areas of molecular biology, cell biology, cancer genetics, precision medicine and diagnostics. She assists local clients in developing patent strategies that align with their research and commercial objectives to maximise the value of patent portfolios in the global and domestic markets. She also provides technical assistance in contentious and non-contentious patent disputes.
Sally completed her PhD at the Peter MacCallum Cancer Centre under the guidance of Professor Ian Campbell. Her studies spanned a number of key disciplines including cancer genetics and genomics, high-throughput screening, RNA interference and targeted therapeutic development. During the course of her studies, she identified a number of genes that may be targeted for the treatment of advanced ovarian cancer. She also established an international collaboration with research groups in the United States and Canada to analyse gene expression in a large cohort of ovarian cancer patients. Results from her research have been published in peer-reviewed scientific journals and presented at domestic and international conferences.
Sally was admitted to practice as a solicitor of the Victorian Supreme Court and High Court of Australia in 2015 and was registered as an Australian and New Zealand patent and trade marks attorney in 2017.
- Member: Intellectual Property Society of Australia and New Zealand
- Member: AusBiotech Limited
- Member: BioMelbourne Network
- Member: Law Institute of Victoria
- Bachelor of Laws (Hons.), Victoria University
- Bachelor of Science (Biotechnology), Victoria University
- Bachelor of Science (Hons.), The University of Melbourne
- Doctor of Philosophy, The University of Melbourne
- Graduate Diploma of Legal Practice, The College of Law
- Master of Intellectual Property Law, The University of Melbourne
- Admitted: Solicitor of the Supreme Court of Victoria and High Court of Australia
- Registered Patent and Trade Marks Attorney (Australia and New Zealand)