Simone joined Davies Collison Cave as a trainee attorney in 2014 as part of the Chemistry group based in the Brisbane office. Simone’s experience and interests cover a variety of areas including pharmaceutical and medicinal chemistry, biotechnology and biochemistry.
Prior to commencing her career as a patent attorney, Simone completed her PhD at the Institute for Molecular Bioscience at The University of Queensland. Her doctorate focused on the functional and structural characterisation of bioactive peptides in animal venoms. Results from her research have been published in several peer-reviewed scientific journals. Her postdoctoral research at a multinational biotechnology company involved the synthesis and functional characterisation of orally stable peptide therapeutics and resulted in several patents.
Simone also holds a Bachelor of Biotechnology (Drug Design and Development) with First Class Honours from The University of Queensland. The completion of this degree gave her experience in organic and medicinal chemistry, biochemistry, molecular biology and the commercialisation of scientific products.
- Member: AusBiotech
- Member: Intellectual Property Society of Australia and New Zealand
- Member: Life Sciences Queensland
- Member: Institute of Patent And Trade Mark Attorneys of Australia (IPTA)
- Bachelor of Biotechnology (Hons.) (Drug Design and Development); The University of Queensland 2004-2007
- Doctorate of Philosophy (Biochemistry); The University of Queensland 2008-2012