Stuart is a trade mark and branding specialist who helps clients identify the signs that distinguish and differentiate their goods and services from their competitors, working collaboratively to find the most commercial, efficient and cost effective way to protect, enforce and defend their valuable trade mark rights.
Consistently ranked amongst Australia’s leading trade mark lawyers, Stuart invests the time to understand clients’ commercial objectives and provides tailored advice to ensure that appropriate action is taken in relevant jurisdictions. World Trademark Review’s 2018 edition of the WTR1000 noted: “Green is a man of high integrity who always delivers impeccable work while being good humoured and a joy to work with. He has a broad understanding of a wide variety of industries and knows how to add value at every stage of the process. His dedication to intellectual property and his clients is unwavering”.
Stuart’s practice encompasses all aspects of branding and trade mark law, including the clearance, prosecution, registration, opposition, non-use removal, enforcement and management of trade marks. Equally adept in a domestic or international setting, Stuart has extensive experience assisting Australian clients to take their brands to the world, assisting domestic, multinational and international corporations secure protection in the Asia-Pacific and designing, implementing and executing bespoke international filing programs and brand protection strategies.
A passionate advocate and presenter on branding and trade mark law, his experience is recognised through publication in The Law Society Journal, The Licensing Journal, Keeping Good Companies, Journal of Governance Institute of Australia, the Internet Law Bulletin and the Intellectual Property Law Bulletin. Stuart is currently a member of INTA’s Publications Committee.
Prior to joining Davies Collison Cave, Stuart worked for over a decade at a commercial law firm where he specialised in brand protection and led that firm’s national intellectual property, technology and competition group.
- Shortlisted Nominee for Australian Intellectual Property Partner of the Year 2017.
- Winner – International Client Choice Awards: Intellectual Property – Trade Marks Award for Australia, 2016
- World Trademark Review WTR1000: Recommended as a leading individual for Trade Mark Prosecution and Strategy, 2015, 2016, 2017 & 2018
- Recommended in Managing Intellectual Property’s IP Stars 2015, 2016 & 2017.
- WIPR Leader 2017 & 2018
- Legal 500: Ranked for Intellectual Property
- Intellectual Property Society of Australia and New Zealand
- International Trade Mark Association
- Law Society of New South Wales
- Admitted: Solicitor of the Supreme Court of New South Wales and the High Court of Australia
- Bachelor of Arts (Political Science & International Relations), Macquarie University
- Bachelor of Arts Honours 1A (Political Science), Macquarie University
- Bachelor of Laws, University of New South Wales
- Graduate Diploma (Trade Mark Law & Practice), University of Technology, Sydney
- Registered Trade Marks Attorney (Australia)