Thomas is a Mechatronic Engineer, Computer Scientist and a registered Patent Attorney (AU and NZ). He has over 10 years of experience protecting inventions, providing strategic advice to clients and in legal proceedings. Thomas has a passion for understanding how clients intend to use their IP and developing complimentary IP strategies.
Thomas’ engineering and computer science degrees included subjects such as operating systems, software engineering process and practice, thermodynamics and fluid mechanics, interactive system design, control systems, networks and communications, graphics and computation, mechanics, thermodynamics and fluid mechanics.
Thomas has worked with a wide range of information and communication technologies and mechanical technologies. In particular, Thomas has gained a wealth of experience in seeking patents and designs protection with medical devices, software and computer implemented inventions, and in litigation support.
- Member: Institute of Patent and Trade Marks Attorneys of Australia
- Member: Intellectual Property Society of Australia and New Zealand
- Bachelor of Engineering (Mechatronics), the University of Melbourne
- Bachelor Computer Science, the Universtiy of Melbourne
- Master of Intellectual Property Laws, the University of Melbourne
- Registered Trans-Tasman (Australia and New Zealand) Patent Attorney