Tim’s practice involves contentious and non-contentious intellectual property law matters, with a focus on commercialisation of intellectual property rights.
Tim’s non-contentious practice includes the preparation and negotiation of commercial agreements for all intellectual property and related rights, including commercialisation, assignment, licensing and confidentiality agreements. Tim regularly advises clients on general commercial matters, consumer protection and trade practices matters as well as intellectual property rights and their enforcement. He has also worked as in-house counsel for a government agency where he advised on, amongst other things, licensing, distribution and finance arrangements, privacy, corporate law and governance issues.
Tim has represented clients in patent opposition proceedings before the Australian Patent Office, trade mark opposition proceedings before the Australian Trade Marks Office and patent, trade mark and design infringement and revocation proceedings, copyright infringement and breach of confidence matters in the Federal Court of Australia.
Tim has acted for clients in a wide range of industries, including medical device, manufacturing, transportation, pharmaceutical, telecommunications and consumer electronics industries, and has also acted for government and not-for-profit organisations, including several universities and research organisations.
- Member: Intellectual Property Society of Australia and New Zealand (IPSANZ)
- Member: Law Institute of Victoria
- Member: Licensing Executives Society of Australia and New Zealand (LESANZ)
- Barrister and solicitor of the High Court and Federal Courts of Australia
- Barrister and solicitor of the Supreme Court of Victoria
- Master of Laws, University of Melbourne
- Bachelor of Commerce, La Trobe University
- Bachelor of Laws (Honours), La Trobe University