William is a member of the Engineering and Materials Sciences Patent groups. His professional activities include drafting, prosecution and opposition of patent applications, as well as providing advice on patent matters in the technical fields of mechanical, chemical and process engineering.
William’s engineering studies focussed on modelling industrial biochemical processes particularly in the area of wastewater treatment. His final year of engineering study was completed on exchange at the Ecole National Superieur d’Ingenieur Genie Chimique (ENSIGC) in Toulouse, a member of the French Grande Ecoles. Here he conducted extensive research in the modelling of fluids in continuous and batch processes and participated in several industry placements with a number of large companies
Since joining Davies Collison Cave in 1998, William has been particularly involved with the protection of innovations developed in the clean technology sector which include environmentally sensitive building materials, renewable energy production, clean coal, CO2 capture and storage, and treatment and recycling of waste and waste water.
- Fellow: Institute of Patent and Trade Mark Attorneys of Australia
- Member: Engineers Australia
- Member: Intellectual Property Society of Australia and New Zealand
- Member: Materials Australia
- Bachelor of Engineering (Chemical Engineering) (Hons.), University of Sydney
- Master of Legal Process, University of Technology, Sydney
- Registered Patent and Trade Marks Attorney (Australia and New Zealand)