ICT & Software
ICT & Software
IT, software and electronics are at the centre of innovation for all industries particularly given the technologically-driven nature of the “new economy”. The rapid rate of change and technological development invariably give rise to complex issues in intellectual property and commercial law.
Davies Collison Cave’s team of specialists has the depth of understanding and technical expertise required to expertly guide you through and the process of protecting your intellectual property, including through further development and commercialisation, and in relation to enforcing and defending your rights as well.
The firm’s extensive experience includes:
- Drafting, filing, and prosecuting patent applications, enforcing patents patents and defending claims of patent infringement in the areas of computer software and science, electronics, semiconductors, telecommunications, photonics, internet technologies, nanotechnology, MEMs, bioinformatics, medical devices, image processing, artificial intelligence, autonomous systems, photovoltaics, antennas, wireless networks, business methods and financial systems.
- Acting for clients in domain name disputes, including those involving “cyber-squatters
- Obtaining and enforcing registered designs protection for peripherals and icons
- Drafting, filing, and prosecuting trade mark applications and enforcing trade mark rights in the above areas, including internet-related trade mark matters involving keywords, and “ad words”
Our attorneys have expertise not only in IP law but also in electronics, semiconductors, computer science, telecommunications, photonics, internet technologies, nanotechnology, MEMs, bioinformatics, medical devices, image processing, artificial intelligence, autonomous systems, photovoltaics, antennas, wireless networks, business methods and financial systems.
In addition to the registration of intellectual property rights, and the conduct of any litigation necessary to protect or challenge registered rights, our Technology Media & Telecommunications team has extensive experience in relation to the commercialisation and contractual protection of intellectual property rights through:
- Negotiating and drafting all types of technology contracts, including hardware and software agreements, consultancy agreements, distribution and marketing agreements, research and collaboration agreements and outsourcing agreements
- Drafting and negotiating relevant consultancy agreements, including time and materials agreements, scoping agreements, penetration testing agreements, project alliance agreements, data analysis agreements and helpdesk agreements
- Advising on employment, contractor and subcontractor issues relating to the technology, media and telecommunications industries
- Advising on online sales transactions, including related consumer law and data transfer issues where international parties are involved
- Advising government agencies, and entities interacting with government agencies, in relation to compliance with government purchasing requirements.
Strategic use of intellectual property has helped our clients grow and prosper in the rapidly changing environment of IT, software and electronics.