ASEAN – Patents
ASEAN is working towards creating a unified regional patent procedural system, like the European Patent Convention. As a first step, the ASEAN Patent Examination Cooperation Program (ASPEC) has been implemented to expedite prosecution of patent applications in ASEAN countries once allowance of a related application in an ASEAN country has been achieved.
ADVANTAGES OF DCC’S ASEAN PATENT FILING AND PROSECUTION SERVICE
- Provide single instruction for several or all of Australia, New Zealand and the ten ASEAN countries
- Rely on the same level of technical and legal expertise you are used to receiving for Australia
- Communicate with our attorneys who all possess high level English language competency
- Fixed costs for filing and prosecution across the ASEAN countries
- Benefit from the efficiencies associated with conducting coordinated patent prosecution of each patent family, which may include Australian, New Zealand, Singapore and other ASEAN family members