Davies Collison Cave recognised by peers and industry bodies for work and commitment to clients
Davies Collison Cave (DCC) has had another extraordinary year in terms of recognition by our peers and industry bodies for our work and commitment to clients. A few of the highlights include:
- Managing IP named DCC Australian Trademark Prosecution IP Firm of the Year in 2018 and Asia-Pacific Boutique firm of the year in 2019 and ranked DCC as Tier 1 for patent prosecution and patent contentious services in Australia, 2019. Along with our firm’s recognition, fourteen of our lawyers and attorneys were individually recognised by Managing IP 2019 as “IP stars” in both Australia and Singapore, including Adam Sears, Bill Pickering, David Webber, Ian Pascarl, John Hannebery, Mark Roberts, Marion Heathcote, Michael Caine, Michael Wolnizer, Richard Brown, Richard Jarvis, Ross Clark and Victor Argaet.
- We were recognised by Asialaw 2018 as an “outstanding firm” in Intellectual Property, Australia in addition to individuals Bill Pickering, Chris Jordan, David Webber, Ian Pascarl, John Hannebery, Mark Roberts, Marion Heathcote, Michael Caine, Michael Wolnizer, Paul Dewar and Richard Brown also being recognised.
- We were ranked an IAM Patent 1000 2018 top tier firm for patent prosecution, litigation and transactional work and IAM Patent 1000 noted that DCC maintains “an incredible focus on client service and relationship building”. Bill Pickering, David Webber, Ian Pascarl, Michael Caine, Paul Dewar and Richard Brown are also listed as leading individuals in 2018.
- The World Trade Mark Review 1000 2018 ranked us as a gold tier firm for enforcement and litigation, describing our firm as a “the gold standard for Australian firms”.
In addition, a number of our Principals have received industry awards for outstanding work in their fields, most notably:
- Patent Principal Alistair Smith was recognised as the Client Choice Awards exclusive winner of the IP – Patents category for Australia. Alistair is the fourth Principal from DCC to receive a Client Choice award for IP, a greater number of awards than any of our competitors in the IP space. Past DCC winners include Principals David Webber (IP), Nick Holmes (Trade Marks) and Stuart Green (Trade Marks).
- Trade mark Principal Marion Heathcote has once again been named in Who’s Who Legal Thought Leaders: Global Elite list for 2019. This is the third consecutive year Marion has been recognised as a Thought Leader by WWL. Marion was also recognised as a leading female practitioner by Managing IP: Top 250 Women in IP and by Experts Guides: Women in Business Law as one of the leading Trademark practitioners in the world.
- Group Managing Principal Michael Wolnizer was named in Expert Guides: Best of the Best Global as one of the Top 30 Trade Mark Lawyers worldwide. Best of the Best recognise the top 30 individual practitioners worldwide across different practice areas who have received the highest and most consistent praise from their peers during the Expert Guide research process and Michael is also one of only 3 trade mark lawyers named from Australia.
- Patent Principal and Attorney Michael Caine recently became President of the Institute of Patent and Trade Mark Attorneys of Australia (IPTA). In addition to his role as President of IPTA, Michael is the Vice President of the Study & Work Commission (CET) of the International Federation of Intellectual Property Attorneys (FICPI) and for the last six years he has been the chair of the International Patents Group of the CET.
Congratulations to all of our people for this well-deserved recognition.
Our principals, attorneys, and lawyers, many of whom have PhD and post-doctoral research experience across a broad range of science and technology disciplines, are amongst the most academically qualified and experienced IP specialists in Australia and throughout the region. We act for a broad range of global and local clients ranging from Fortune 500 multinational corporations to tech start-ups, public research institutions and universities.
For more information please contact us at https://dcc.com/