DCC attends, and caffeinates, the 7th International Medicinal Chemistry Symposium (AIMECS09)
Michael Caine, Partner of Davies Collison Cave attended the AIMECS09 and 7th AFMC International Medicinal Chemistry Congress hosted by the Royal Australian Chemical Institute Division of Biomolecular Chemistry and the Asian Federation for Medicinal Chemistry, held in the tropical city of Cairns, Queensland. Davies Collison Cave sponsored the congress coffee cart.
The theme ”Exploring the Boundaries of Medicinal Chemistry” was very well received by the 257 congress registrants from the Asia-Pacific, Middle East, Europe and United States.
The congress had an excellent group of national and international speakers and a diverse range of high quality presentations. The session topics covered were:
- gastrointestinal and metabolic health;
- peptide self-assembly and peptidomimetics;
- new techniques and paradigms in medicinal chemistry;
- tropical medicine and climate change;
- ion channels and class II GPCRs; and (vi) RNAi, the coagulation cascade and epigenetics.