Engineering Excellence Awards launch
Davies Collison Cave has been a long term sponsor of the ‘Innovations and Inventions’ Award, part of the “Engineering Excellence Awards” of Engineers Australia, Sydney Division. As an organisation we participate in and host many activities in conjunction with Engineers Australia with the aim to increase Engineers profiles within the Australian landscape and the importance of Intellectual Property to the growth of Engineering Enterprises.
Engineers Australia is the premier professional association for engineers in Australia. Of the 72,000 members, over 18,000 of these reside in the Sydney Division, the largest Division nationally.
The Engineering Excellence Awards provide Australian industry with a benchmark against which to measure the performance of its engineering enterprises. The Awards also act as a reminder to government that engineering continues to underpin the economic health of the nation and its industries.
Davies Collison Cave is involved in many ways with Engineers Australia including:
- sponsoring the ‘Innovations & Inventions’ Award of the 2009 Engineering Excellence Awards
- Sponsoring the Networking Cocktail Party
- Young Engineers – numerous functions Entrepreneurs Workshop
- ‘Engineering Week’ activities including a paper plane competition in Martin Place and ‘Splash’ at Manly Beach
- Maryam Khajeh presently sits on the 2009 ‘Division Committee’
- Simon Reynolds is the immediate past Chair of Young Engineers
- Recently members from our Sydney office attended the launch of the 2009 Engineering Excellence Awards at the Powerhouse Museum.
- The 2009 Call for entrants has now been posted. Entry into the 2009 Engineering Excellence Awards is a two (2) Level process. Level 1 entries close 27 March 2009 and Level 2 entries (finalist) close 19 June 2009.