What’s new at davies.com.au
Welcome to Davies Collison Cave’s new website. We’ve worked hard to improve our website and hope that you find our latest version simpler, more engaging and of greater use.
A decade of legal analysis at your fingertips
Davies Collison Cave staff have published hundreds of legal briefings, case notes and practice alerts about the latest developments in IP, trade mark and patent law. We’re proud to bring this complete archive to you on our new website, including:
- top tips for managing IP portfolios in difficult financial times
- how we’ve been reporting Australia’s biggest IP cases such as Larrikin v EMI, Roadshow Films v iiNet
- Get your dose of legal news and analysis at our news and publications page.
Get the basics before you talk to the experts
Many clients, particularly those starting out with a new idea or product, have questions about the basics intellectual property law. We’ve answered many of these questions in the “Basics” section of each service area: Patents, Trade Marks, IP Law and Designs. For example:
- What are the differences between different types of IP protection?
- How do I apply for a patent?
- Can I copyright an idea?
Find what you’re looking for, fast
Our Site Search makes it easy to find articles, staff or general information by typing in any keyword. Found too many results? Just click “Filter these results” at the top your search results to narrow by content type, author, subject matter and date.
- The biggest trade mark law cases of 2008
- Copyright specialists in Melbourne
- Which of our patent staff are also European patent attorneys
Just browsing? That’s fine too
For the times when you’re happy to browse, all our staff profiles, firm news and legal publications can be accessed via directories. Perfect if you’re simply looking for a physics expert or the contact details for our staff in Sydney. Our staff directory is available on every page of the site.
This is just the beginning
This website has changed significantly since the firm’s first tentative online steps over fourteen years ago, and we are far from finished.
We have many more site features in development and look forward to bringing them to you in the coming months. In the meantime, if you need any help finding a particular feature on our new website, or if you’ve got comments or feedback, we’d like to hear from you.
The team at Davies Collison Cave