DCC partner presents at Pharmaceutical Law Conference
Mark Roberts, Partner of Davies Collison Cave, presented a paper on ”Pharma Patents – Its Not all About Maximum Scope” at the 2nd Annual Pharmaceutical Law Conference held at the Swissotel, Sydney.
Mark presented on getting the right balance between:
- maintaining flexibility of coverage vs. patentability of future inventions
- attracting undue prior art rejections vs easy avenues for competitors to design around
- file wrapper estoppel problems vs early disclosure of lead compound
- adequate disclosure for desired claims in US and Europe vs disclosure required in Japan and China; and
- the cost of ineffective protection vs the cost of divisionals and a complex examination process.
Experts from the pharmaceutical industry, as well as representatives from Australia‘s leading law firms were in attendance.