IP Update – March 2010 Issue 7
Davies Collison Cave has welcomed 2010 with a number of significant achievements. On 12 March, six Davies Collison Cave partners were recognised in the Australian Financial Review, Best Lawyers Intellectual Property category, the highest number from any one firm. On 17 March the firm was awarded the Business Review Weekly (BRW) Client Choice Award, Best Patent and Trade mark Attorney firm. We are proud of our achievements and thank our clients and staff for their support.
In this issue
- ISPs Avoids Liability for Internet Piracy – For Now
Roadshow Films Pty Ltd v iiNet Limited (No. 3)  FCA 24
- Court Down Under Finds That it is Not the Hook, but it is Kookaburra
Larrikin Music Publishing Pty Ltd v EMI Songs Australia Pty Ltd  FCA 799;  FCA 29
- Nothing Eases for Maltesers on Appeal
Mars Australia Pty Ltd v Sweet Rewards Pty Ltd  FCAFC 174
- Patent Claim Construction – a Red Hot Issue
Bitech Engineering v Garth Living Pty Ltd  FCA 1393
- Claiming Copyright Infringement Without Ownership?
Top Plus Pty Ltd & Ors v K Square Pty Ltd & Ors  FMCA 900
- When is a Director Likely to be Found Personally Liable for Infringement?
Inverness Medical Switzerland GmbH v MDS Diagnostics Pty Limited  FCA 108
- Non-Traditional Trade Marks: Changes to Trade Mark Examiner’s Manual
- More On IP Australia’s Proposed Changes To Our Intellectual Property Systems