Aaron Yates is a lawyer in the Law Group at Davies Collison Cave’s Melbourne office and practises in intellectual property litigation. Aaron has completed a Bachelor of Laws (with Honours) and Bachelor of Science (focussing on genetics and molecular biology), and has a particular interest in patent litigation and advice. Aaron has been involved in a number of patent, design and trade mark proceedings in the Federal Court and also has experience providing advice to a local and international clients in a wide variety of fields in relation to anti-counterfeiting measures, online infringement issues, patent and design validity and infringement, labelling laws, pharmaceutical regulatory issues and copyright protection and infringement.
At Monash University, Aaron completed a law honours thesis assessing IP Australia’s proposed internal fair basis reforms to patent law in Australia.
- Doyle’s Guide: Listed as a ‘Rising Star for Intellectual Property in Australia’, 2016
- Member: Intellectual Property Society of Australia and New Zealand (IPSANZ)
- Member: Law Institute of Victoria
- Bachelor of Laws (Hons), Monash University
- Bachelor of Science, Monash University
- Graduate Diploma of Legal Practice, College of Laws
- Admitted: Barrister and Solicitor of the Supreme Court of Victoria, Federal Court of Australia and High Court of Australia