Darron specialises in intellectual property licensing and protection across all areas of intellectual property, covering trade marks, copyright, patents, designs, plant breeders’ rights and confidential information.
Darron’s licensing practice covers all fields of technology, with a particular focus on computer software and technology licensing.
Darron’s experience in IP litigation covers matters ranging from disputes over applications for IP rights, to proceedings for infringement of copyright, trade marks, patents and plant breeder’s rights, and the execution and supervision of Anton Pillar orders as independent lawyer.
Darron also provides trade practices (anti trust) and competition law advice, and is the author of the Australian chapter of Getting the Deal Through: Licensing 2016, and co-author of Getting the Deal Through: Licensing 2017.
Darron is the author of the sub-title “Plant Breeder’s Rights” in “The Laws of Australia”, published by Thomson Reuters, August 2018.
Darron joined the firm in 1991, becoming a Partner in 1996.
- Deputy Chair: Law Council eCommerce Committee
- Member: Intellectual Property Society of Australia and New Zealand
- Member: Law Council of Australia
- Member: Law Institute of Victoria
- Member: Licensing Executives Society of Australia
- Deputy Chair – Law Council eCommerce Committee (2010-2012)
- Bachelor of Laws (Hons.), Monash University
- Bachelor of Science, Monash University
- Registered Trade Marks Attorney (Australia)