Fiona is a lawyer and a patent and trade marks attorney, and she works in the litigation group of Davies Collison Cave Law. Fiona began practising as an intellectual property lawyer in 2006. Her experience includes Federal Court proceedings relating to infringement of patents, trade marks, copyright and designs, and opposition proceedings before the Trade Marks Office and the Patents Office. She also recently acted in Federal Court litigation involving defamation and misleading and deceptive conduct claims.
Fiona has a chemical engineering background, which gives her a particular interest in enforcing intellectual property rights protecting innovative technologies, across a wide range of industries. Fiona also has experience in preparing intellectual property licences and other agreements such as confidentiality agreements and assignments.
- Fellow: Institute of Patent and Trade Mark Attorneys of Australia (IPTA)
- Member: Ausbiotech
- Member: Intellectual Property Society of Australia and New Zealand
- Member: Law Institute of Victoria
- Victorian committee member: Licensing Executives Society (Australia and New Zealand)
- Admitted as a Barrister and Solicitor in the Supreme Court of Victoria and the High and Federal Courts of Australia
- Bachelor of Engineering (Chemical)(Hons)
- Bachelor of Laws (Hons)
- Master of Laws (Intellectual Property)
- Registered Patent and Trade Marks Attorney (Australia and New Zealand)