Fiona is a lawyer and a patent and trade marks attorney. She is primarily involved in resolving intellectual property disputes. Fiona began practising as an intellectual property lawyer in 2006. Her experience includes Federal Court proceedings relating to patents, trade marks, copyright, designs, the Australian Consumer Law and defamation, and opposition proceedings before the Patent Office.
Fiona has a chemical engineering background, which gives her a particular interest in enforcing intellectual property rights protecting innovative technologies, across a wide range of industries, including pharmaceuticals and medical devices. Fiona also has experience in preparing intellectual property licences and other agreements such as confidentiality agreements and assignments. Fiona is also a volunteer lawyer for the Arts Law Centre.
- Fellow: Institute of Patent and Trade Mark Attorneys of Australia (IPTA)
- Member: Ausbiotech
- Member: Intellectual Property Society of Australia and New Zealand
- Member: Law Institute of Victoria
- Member: Licensing Executives Society (Australia and New Zealand)
- Admitted as a Barrister and Solicitor in the Supreme Court of Victoria and the High and Federal Courts of Australia
- Bachelor of Engineering (Chemical)(Hons)
- Bachelor of Laws (Hons)
- Master of Laws (Intellectual Property)
- Registered Patent and Trade Marks Attorney (Australia and New Zealand)