Dr Jie An Yang
- Agribusiness, Food and Nutrition
- Chemical Engineering & Materials Science
- Clean Technology and Energy
- Fashion, Architecture and Design
- Food, Beverages & FMCG
- Medical Devices & Technologies
- Mining and Resources
- Pharmaceuticals & Chemistry
- Universities and Research
- IP Portfolio Management and Maintenance
- Patent Drafting, Filing & Prosecution
Jie An is a Trainee Patent Attorney within the chemistry/life-sciences group where he is involved in the preparation and prosecution of patent applications in pharmaceutical sciences, nanotechnology and material sciences.
Jie An has a research background in pharmacokinetics, inorganic chemistry, nanotechnology and polymer sciences. During his PhD studies at the University of Illinois at Urbana Champaign, his work centered on investigating the interaction of nanoparticles at the biomolecular and cellular level, ultimately cumulating in the publication in several peer-reviewed scientific journals.
Prior to joining Davies Collison Cave, Jie An spent about two years at Mitsui Chemicals doing polymer research, exploring the marketability and applications of propriety technologies.
- Materials Dissertation Award 2013
- John C. Bailar Fellowship 2012
- Bachelor Science (Hons) Chemistry, National University of Singapore
- Doctor of Philosophy (Chemistry), University of Illinois at Urbana Champaign