Karl is an attorney in our Engineering/Science team and specialises in mechanical engineering. He prepares and prosecutes patent applications and provides advice on patentability, patent validity and infringement.
Karl previously worked in the automotive industry, specialising in powertrain control, drivability testing, engine development and HVAC design and testing. His tertiary studies included mechanical engineering, satellite design and other space systems, aeronautical engineering, electrical engineering, communications and remote sensing.
Karl has a Ph.D in fluid mechanics and has had a number of research papers published in this field. His research has included performing computer simulations to study natural convection, heat transfer and various environmental flows, including transport mechanisms in lakes and reservoirs. His Ph.D also included studying methods of turbulence modelling and helping to develop a Large Eddy Simulation program, including implementation of an Immersed Boundary Method.
- Graduate Member: Engineers Australia
- Member: Intellectual Property Society of Australia and New Zealand
- Member: The Institute of Patent and Trade Mark Attorneys of Australia (IPTA)
- Bachelor of Engineering (Mechanical Engineering) (Space) Honours Class I. University of Sydney
- Doctor of Philosophy (Engineering), University of Sydney
- Registered Trade Mark Attorney
- Registered Patent Attorney