Mattia is a patent attorney with specialist knowledge in the fields of ICT, electrical engineering and physics. He is part of the Engineering/Science patents team in Sydney.
In his role as a patent attorney, Mattia has worked for a diverse range of clients, from private inventors to start-ups to multinational corporations. He regularly practices in both Australia and New Zealand, where he has been successful in protecting and prosecuting patents in a variety of fields, including software.
Mattia has a strong technical background acquired after years of experience in industry and academia. His PhD involved a combination of photonics and microwave engineering to create ultra-high bandwidth circuits. His research resulted in several grants, patents, and high-impact publications. Mattia also worked as an electrical engineer in Australia’s largest telecommunications company and in one of Australia’s leading medical device companies.
- Member: Institute of Patent and Trade Mark Attorneys
- Member: Intellectual Property Society of Australia and New Zealand
- Master of Intellectual Property Law, University of Melbourne
- Bachelor of Engineering (Electrical) (Hons & Medal), University of Sydney
- Doctor of Philosophy (Physics), University of Sydney