- Trade Marks
- Agribusiness, Food and Nutrition
- Arts, Marketing and Media
- Building and Construction
- Engineering and Manufacturing
- Fashion, Architecture and Design
- Food, Beverages & FMCG
- Business Name Protection
- Competition Law and Consumer Protection Law
- New Zealand Trade Mark Services
- Pacific Island Trade Mark Protection
- Parallel Imports
- Trade Mark Infringement & Enforcement
- Trade Mark Portfolio Management & Renewals
- Trade Mark Registration
- Trade Mark Searching
- Commercialisation and Licensing
Nick practices in all aspects of trade mark law, providing advice on trade mark clearance, prosecution, opposition and enforcement in Australia and New Zealand. He also advises on and manages international trade mark programs for local and international clients.
In addition to his experience in all aspects of Australian trade mark law, Nick is a specialist in New Zealand trade mark law. He regularly advises and represents local and international clients regarding clearance, registration and protection of trade marks in New Zealand. Nick also advises on common law and statutory protection relating to trade marks, in Australia and New Zealand.
Nick’s professional experience extends from advising small local businesses on trade mark law and protection in Australia and overseas through to managing an international trade mark program covering 2800 applications in seventy countries. He directly reports and advises clients based throughout the world including in the USA, Europe, Japan and New Zealand. His clients range from small local businesses through to large multinational domestic and foreign corporations, and international industry groups.
At all levels his practice focuses upon identifying his clients needs and developing solutions which addresses those needs in the most comprehensive, timely and cost-effective way possible.
Nick has published several articles and case notes on Australian and New Zealand trade mark law. He also regularly presents seminars throughout Australia and overseas on a wide range of trade mark matters to local industry groups, foreign government and industry representatives, and other trade mark practitioners.
- International Law Office Client Choice Awards: Intellectual Property – Trade Marks Award for Australia, 2015
- International Who’s Who of Trade Mark Lawyers: listed a leading Trade Mark practitioner, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017 & 2018
- World Trademark Review 1000: listed as a leading individual for trade mark prosecution and strategy, and trade mark enforcement and litigation, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017 & 2018
- Expert Guides – Trade Mark Lawyers: Nominated as being among the World’s Leading Trade Mark Law Practitioners, 2014, 2016 & 2018
- Asia IP Experts: Leading lawyer in Trade Marks, 2015
- Who’s Who Legal: Trademarks leading practitioner, 2018
- Senior Fellow: University of Melbourne Law School (2014, 2015, 2016, 2017 & 2018)
- Committee member: International Trademark Association Asia-Pacific & Canada: famous and well-known marks (2014-2017)
- Foundation member: IPONZ Hearings Technical focus Group (New Zealand)
- Project Team Member: INTA International Moot Court Competition
- Member: Intellectual Property Society of Australia and New Zealand
- Member: International Trademark Association
- Member: Law Institute of Victoria
- Member: New Zealand Law Society
- Member: IPONZ trade mark technical focus group
- Committee Member: International Trade Mark Association South East Asia; Anti-counterfeiting (2018-)
- Bachelor of Laws, University of Otago, New Zealand
- Master of Laws, Monash University