Nik has a broad practice including assisting clients with both potential and actual patent disputes, the drafting and prosecution of patents in the information technology, software and business method fields, and advising on freedom-to-operate, patent infringement and validity in the telecommunications, medical device and software industries.
Nik’s background is in both the hardware and software aspects of computer systems, as well as networking and telecommunications. This enables Nik to rapidly grasp inventions in information technology and related fields, including online business processes, communications architecture and network communication protocols.
Nik is also experienced in conducting patent oppositions and litigation involving both the enforcement of patents and challenges to their validity. Nik has been involved in dispute-related work for a wide variety of technologies including plastics moulding, agriculture, on-line search and advertising, telecommunications infrastructure, gaming, and fluid flow.
- Doyle’s Directory: Recommended as a Leading Victorian Patent Litigation Lawyer, 2016
- Who’s Who Legal: Patents leading practitioner, 2018
- Committee Co-Chair: Asian Patent Attorneys Association
- Member: Institute of Patent and Trade Mark Attorneys of Australia
- Member: Intellectual Property Society of Australia & New Zealand Inc
- Member: Fédération Internationale des Conseils en Propriété Industrielle (FICPI)
- Admitted: Barrister and Solicitor of the Supreme Court of Victoria, Federal Court of Australia and High Court of Australia
- Bachelor of Engineering (Electrical), (Hons.), University of Melbourne
- Bachelor of Laws (Hons.), University of Melbourne
- Masters of Intellectual Property Law, University of Melbourne
- Registered patent attorney (Australia and New Zealand)