Paula de Bruyn
Prior to joining Davies Collison Cave, Paula gained post-doctoral industrial research experience in the area of phenolic resins and composite materials before returning to the pharmaceutical sciences by investigating the design and preparation of novel anti-viral agents as potential drug candidates.
Paula specialises in the drafting and prosecution of patent applications relating to all aspects of chemistry, including pharmaceutical and organic chemistry, chemical and enzymatic processes, chemical reagents and surfactants. Paula also conducts patent oppositions and provides advice on patentability, patent validity and infringement.
- Fellow: Institute of Patent and Trade Mark Attorneys of Australia
- Member: AusBiotech Limited
- Member: Intellectual Property Society of Australia and New Zealand
- Member: Royal Australian Chemical Institute
- Member: American Intellectual Property Law Association
- Bachelor of Science (Hons.), University of Melbourne
- Doctor of Philosophy (Organic Chemistry), University of Melbourne
- Registered Patent and Trade Marks Attorney (Australia and New Zealand)