In his role of Portfolio Manager, Peter delivers a range of intellectual property management services, principally to corporate clients. This involves implementing highly customised suites of services, particularly suited to clients’ requirements. These services include provision of advice in relation to branding options for new products and services, and in relation to the protection of new technology, highly-tailored competitor monitoring services, budget formulation and management reporting. Peter has also undertaken in-house secondments for several clients.
Previously, Peter worked for Telstra Corporation, where he gained extensive experience in the management of patents and other intellectual property, including its protection and exploitation. This allows him to bring a very client-oriented approach to his role.
As Davies Collison Cave’s Tender Manager, Peter manages all of the firm’s major tenders and proposals. He also undertakes a range of business development activities, particularly in regional areas. In this role, he has conducted numerous seminars and workshops in regional centres, helping prospective clients to develop a better understanding of intellectual property principles.
- Fellow: Institute of Patent and Trade Mark Attorneys of Australia
- Member: Intellectual Property Society of Australia and New Zealand
- Member: Licensing Executives Society of Australia and New Zealand
- Diploma of Engineering (Electronic), Bendigo College of Advanced Education
- Postgraduate Diploma in Intellectual Property Law, University of Melbourne
- Registered Patent and Trade Marks Attorney (Australia and New Zealand)