Rob began his working career in the iron ore industry, spending a few years in Tom Price, Western Australia, where he worked as a mechanical engineer. He joined the patent attorney profession in 2000. After qualifying as a patent and trade marks attorney, he moved to London, where he worked for a few years at a firm of European and UK patent attorneys and gained experience in the patent and design systems of Europe and the United Kingdom.
Rob specialises in mechanical and general engineering, building and construction technology, medical, surgical, orthotic and prosthetic devices and equipment, transport and handling technology, manufacturing and renewable energy technologies, and materials science, as well as in design applications and registered designs.
Rob drafts, files and prosecutes patent applications in engineering and related disciplines. He handles patent opposition, infringement and validity matters and provides advice concerning patent-related litigation. He also prepares and prosecutes design applications and provides advice in relation to all aspects of registered designs.
- Fellow: The Institute of Patent and Trade Mark Attorneys of Australia
- Member: Engineers Australia
- Member: Intellectual Property Society of Australia and New Zealand
- Member: American Intellectual Property Law Association
- Bachelor of Engineering (Mechanical) (Hons.), University of Western Australia
- Bachelor of Science (Chemistry), University of Western Australia
- Postgraduate Diploma of Intellectual Property Practice, The Institute of Patent and Trade Mark Attorneys of Australia
- Registered Patent and Trade Marks Attorney (Australia and New Zealand)