- Building and Construction
- Clean Technology and Energy
- Engineering and Manufacturing
- Medical Devices & Technologies
- Universities and Research
- Design Infringement & Enforcement
- Design Registration
- Innovation Patents
- New Zealand Patent Services
- Patent Drafting, Filing & Prosecution
- Patent Oppositions
- Patent Registration Services - South Pacific Region
- Patent Searching
Jillian is a registered patent attorney in Davies Collison Cave’s Mechanical Engineering team, where she is involved in patent procurement and strategic IP portfolio management. Her work includes preparing and prosecuting patent and design applications, and advising clients on various facets of IP including patentability of inventions, commercialization strategies, infringement and validity.
Jillian has experience in preparing and prosecuting patent applications across diverse technical fields, including mechanical engineering, medical, surgical and orthotic devices, manufacturing and packaging processes, building and construction, and renewable energy technologies.
Prior to joining Davies Collison Cave, Jillian worked for a leading New Zealand specialist IP firm and a global law firm, where she acted for a range of clients including industry leaders, start-up companies, universities and research institutes.
Jillian graduated from the University of Auckland in 2011 with a Bachelor of Engineering in Biomedical Engineering with First Class Honours. In 2012, she completed a Master of Engineering in Biomedical Engineering with First Class Honours from the University of Auckland, under a full tuition scholarship from the Riddet Institute. Her research involved developing and testing mechanical models simulating the interconnected electrical, mechanical and fluid dynamic activity in the intestine. During this time, Jillian also worked as a tutor and research assistant for the Auckland Bioengineering Institute at the University of Auckland.
- Member: Institute of Patent and Trade Mark Attorneys of Australia
- Fellow: New Zealand Institute of Patent Attorneys
- Bachelor of Engineering (Biomedical Engineering) (Hons.), University of Auckland
- Master of Engineering (Biomedical Engineering) (Hons.), University of Auckland
- Registered Patent Attorney (Australia and New Zealand)